AAT Level 2 & 3 Course: Fast Track Accounting
"Study AAT Level 2 and Level 3 courses with Award-winning training provider.It is at beginners’ level and AAT Level 3 is for the Intermediate level."
Table of Contents
- What is the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)?
- What skills do you get from the AAT qualification?
- How is AAT qualification integrated with practical Accounting training?
- AAT Level 2 and AAT Level 3
- AAT practical training benefits
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- Breakdown of the AAT Level 2 qualification
- AAT Level 3 Certificate in Accounting
- AAT level 3 helps in career progression
- What is the time span of the Courses?
- How does Future Connect Training help in AAT Level assessments?
- Jobs after AAT L2/L3
- Why should Future Connect Training should have been chosen for AAT L2/L3?
- How are AAT courses integrated with the practical training?
- Ready to help
What is the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)?
Future Connect Training offers AAT accredited level 2, 3 and 4 diploma certificates in accounting and bookkeeping courses. AAT is the world's leading professional accounting body for accounting technicians with over 140,000 members worldwide.
What skills do you get from the AAT qualification?
As a professional accountant, you have to get strong academic and technical skills. Academic skills can be gained from AAT qualifications.
The AAT is a well-reputed qualification and is admired by recruiters and employers alike. At Future Connect Training, we offer an enhanced model of AAT Delivery. We have integrated various aspects of practical accounting within each module level. We train our candidates on actual client files and build their technical skills and confidence.
How is AAT qualification integrated with practical Accounting training?
The AAT Qualification at each level is mapped with our practical training and gives you appropriate skills for job roles like Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Finance manager and more. To ensure you get the best combination of AAT qualification and Practical Accounting Training, please feel free to ask our friendly and helpful staff, and they will guide you through the process.
The right place for the AAT qualification
Suppose you are looking to develop your career in accounting; In that case, the AAT qualification with Future Connect Training will be the best choice as we provide practical training along with AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 & 3.
AAT Level 2 and AAT Level 3
AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 qualification is for beginners who want to get into accounting, and AAT Level 3 is for the Intermediate level. These levels are mandatory qualifications required to be an AAT Certified Bookkeeper.
For whom is the AAT Level 2 suitable?
This is the starting point for a full AAT qualification. The modules in AAT Accounting Level 2 prepare you for the special accounting skills to take on the profession. The qualification is suitable for young candidates, leaving school and deciding not to go to university. The qualifications are equally ideal for candidates who are starting an accounting career at a later stage.
Requirements needed for the AAT qualification
As AAT is a very flexible and open qualification, there is no entry requirement at Level 2. The candidates should have excellent skills in English and math.
AAT practical training benefits
AAT Level 2 qualification is integrated with Bookkeeping VAT and Payroll Training. The practical accounting training helps candidates to learn concepts like
- Raising sales and purchase invoices and dealing with accounts recoverable and payables.
- Carrying out bank reconciliations and dealing with missing invoices and cheque stubs.
- Dealing with VAT submission. Penalties and schemes.
- Learning Sage, Xero , Quickbooks and advanced Excel.
AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
This will provide a full understanding of accounting techniques, dealing with credit notes, invoices, creating supplier and customer records, preparing the till trial balance.
Breakdown of the AAT Level 2 qualification
The AAT Accounting Level 2 Foundation Certificate consists of five units:
- Bookkeeping Transactions
Be able to prepare Trial balances, double-entry processes and business documentation, the cashbook, discounted transactions and reconciling a customer's and supplier's statement.
- Bookkeeping Controls
Be able to prepare control accounts, use the journals, understand the banking system, and manage cash books and petty cash.
- Elements of Costing
Learn how to calculate the product cost and budget effectively for the organisation, understanding the use of cost recording techniques, manufacturing accounts, costing for inventories and labour costs.
- Using Accounting Software
Develop the skills needed to process transactions using computerised accounting software professionally, learn how to set up a company effectively, create customer and supplier records, manage ledgers, and enter sales and purchase transactions, and understand banking receipts and payments.
- Work Effectively in Finance
Discover how to work effectively in an organisation, payroll functions, learn about professional ethics and understand the business skills such as managing workload, personal development and literacy and numeracy skills
AAT Level 3 Certificate in Accounting
The AAT course level 3 - Diploma in Accounting is the intermediate level of AAT qualification. It is a crucial stage to get on with the profession and for the Accounts assistant level Job role.
AAT level 3 helps in career progression
The AAT training course level 3 gives the candidates the specialist level to progress into employment in a finance role or further study in accountancy and finance.
For whom are the AAT level 3 qualifications suitable for?
AAT Qualification Level 3 is equally suitable for 16-19 interested in education or adult students changing careers and seeking more in-depth knowledge into the occupational area.
AAT does not set any pre-requisite; you can join AAT level 3 without pursuing AAT level 2.
Components of AAT Level 3 course
AAT Level 3 - Diploma in Accounting consists of 6 units covering a range of different accounting tasks. You will be learning how to deal with:
- balancing accounts
- processing receipts, sales invoices and payments
- maintaining financial records that accurately record the incoming and outgoing finances of the business
- completing VAT return forms
- working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals
- ensuring that accounts are accurately monitored and recorded
- dealing with a company's payroll by processing wages and employee expense claims
- preparing profit and loss accounts sheets
AAT LEVEL 3 modules
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
- Ethics for Accountants
- Spreadsheets for Accounting
AAT level 3 is a comprehensive module that will prepare you for VAT, management reporting, and costing concepts.
How is AAT Level 3 assessed?
Four units are assessed individually in end-of-unit assessments.
This qualification also includes a synoptic assessment; AAT recognised and approved training centres like Future Connect Training can help you prepare for the exam.
What practical training is integrated at AAT Level 3?
- Dealing with accruals, prepayments and Asset registers.
- Dealing with year-end, month-end, and quarter ends, including finalisation of trial balance.
- Dealing with internal profit loss and balance sheet.
- Commenting on management accounts and KPIs of the company.
What is the time span of the Courses?
The duration of the AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 and level 3 varies.
AAT Level 2 has five subjects, and level 3 has six subjects.
AAT Bookkeeping Level 2 – Duration – 6 Months to 8 months
AAT Level 3 – Duration – 8 months to 12 Months
How does Future Connect Training help in AAT Level assessments?
We are an approved exam centre for AAT. AAT Level 2 and Level 3 are conducted via CBE. Future Connect training is an authorised training centre, and we can help you with the exams as well. Our locations are all around London and Birmingham.
North London – N3 2JU
East London – E3 4TY
West London – HA1 1LJ
Birmingham – B16 8QG
Jobs after AAT L2/L3
After completion of AAT Level 2 and level 3, you can apply for the below-listed job roles:-
- Junior Bookkeeper
- Junior Accountant
- Finance Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Purchase Ledger clerk
- Sales Ledger clerk
- Billing clerk
- Credit controller
- Payroll Administrator
- VAT Manager
- Management Accountant
Why should Future Connect Training should have been chosen for AAT L2/L3?
- AAT accredited and approved training provider.
- Expert classroom-based support is available.
- Practical training and AAT subjects are integrated to make sure you get the best of them both.
- A dedicated e-portfolio to book your training, any time seven days a week at our North, West and East London and Birmingham offices.
- Free e-portfolio to track your performance and training milestones integrated into academic modules of AAT.
- CPD Certification is essential to become an AAT Member integrated with all AAT Levels.
- Weekend and evening classes are available.
- Three certificates from 1 course - 1 from AAT, one from CPD and one from XERO
- CV preparation, mock interview and Job hunting support available
How are AAT courses integrated with the practical training?
While studying AAT with Future Connect Training, you can take advantage of implementing all your AAT practical experience, which will count towards your work experience for QB Status.
Moreover, you can design your practical training as per your requirement as listed below:-
- QuickBooks Training
- Xero Training
- Sage Line 50 Training
- Payroll Training
- Bookkeeping & VAT Training
- Bookkeeping & Payroll Training
- Accounts Assistant
- Management Accounts
- Final Accounts
Ready to help
You can call us on 02037908674 for more information regarding AAT Level 2 and Level 3; our expert team will answer all the questions and guide you on where to start your career.
Can a person get practical training with the AAT qualification in Future Connect Training?
Yes, a student of the AAT course gets trained by working on actual client files and get equipped with the technical skills and confidence. It gets you prepared for the job role of Account assistant, bookkeeper and Finance manager.
For whom the AAT Level 2 and Level 3 are suitable for?
The AAT qualification is best for the candidates who have just completed their education from college and seeking for experience in the accounting field. This qualification is suitable for young adults from 16-19 years old or adult students who want to change their career.
Why should Future Connect Training be the best option for the AAT qualification?
It is an approved authorised body of the AAT and has best training providers available seven days a week across all the branches.