AAT Qualifications: What are these? Are these the best qualifications in Accounting?
"AAT qualification is the best route for an Accountancy Job. We help our students to become AATQB with CPD approved Practical Accounting Training and exam Support."
The Association of Accounting Technicians is the world's leading professional body for Accounting Technicians, with over 150,000 members worldwide. AAT is internationally recognised, with more than 130,000 members worldwide. AAT makes sure to maintain professional standards, with a great focus on supporting and encouraging professionals in accounting across the world. The Professional members of AAT are employed at various levels of Accounting and finance job roles. A vast majority of AAT Professionals are self-employed.
The AAT membership community is very professional, ambitious and highly potential accounting professionals. A large number of AAT members are working in high-level financial positions.
In short, an AAT qualification is the best way to get an accounting qualification in the world. From this article you will get the idea about how the AAT levels are linked with the bookkeeping.
What are the AAT Qualifications?
AAT comprises four accounting qualifications; the duration of these courses ranges between six to 18 months to complete. These courses help you get better career opportunities; you will learn different accounting concepts in these qualifications. The AAT levels ] are
- Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
- Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business (Level 2) (16–19-year-olds only)
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)qualification leads to AAT bookkeeping member (AATQB)
- Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4)
After completing the AAT courses lead to AAT full member (MAAT) status.
What is bookkeeping?
There are four different activities in an accounting cycle. Bookkeeping is the first transactional level activity as it records all the day to day transactions like Sales, purchases, bank and VAT related transactions.
Bookkeeping is the basics of the accounts assistant, management accounts and Final Accounts related activities.
A professional bookkeeper will organise all the documents and the records directed by the HMRC. It includes keeping the dates, amounts, breakdown of the Vat content and effect of transactions on the chart of accounts
The bookkeeper is dealing with
- Various banking transactions, including petty cash
- Credit control activities including the maintenance of sales and purchase ledgers
- Dealing with business expenses as rent, wages and assets registers
What is Bookkeeping in an organisation?
Bookkeeping is the recording, on a day-to-day basis, of the financial transactions and information about a business. It ensures that records of the financial transactions are correct, up-to-date.
Bookkeeping process includes
- Business performance, the targets, the achievements
- The liabilities, the losses
- Areas of improvement
- Any opportunities for revenue increment or loss control
It is important that Bookkeeping is the basis of all the financial figures. From this process we can understand the financial position of the Industry.
It is an integral part of the accounting process; it leads to trial balance adjustments, the month ends, the year ends and the final accounts. From Bookkeeping we can understand the performance of the company.
Do AAT qualifications cover Bookkeeping Skills?
Yes, AAT qualifications cover bookkeeping courses.
These are the best choices to get a bookkeeping job. The AAT level 2 is designed to give you all that you require to become a Bookkeeper. This Accounting qualification is effective for candidates who want to get an accounting Career.
If you have some background in accounting, the best way to go ahead is the AAT Level 3 and AAT Level 4.
AAT level 2 is an entry to Bookkeeping.
If you are looking for a Career change and promotion in Accounting, join us in our combined AAT Level 2 and Level 3 courses integrated with Practical training. With this collaborative training, you will become the best in the accounting field. You will be on track with MAAT status in the shortest period. We are helping you with job and recruitment services also.
What are the jobs for the AAT qualified professionals?
After Completing AAT Qualifications, the possibilities are infinite. The AAT is a well-reputed eligibility and will help you to get on with the following jobs.
You can apply for job roles:-
- Self-employed bookkeeper
- Management Accountant
- Accounts Assistant
- Finance manager
- Financial controller
This is not a complete list but a few.
Most of the AAT candidates take the AATQB route and open up their bookkeeping practices. It helps them to work at their own time and pace. After this, they carry on with the next level of level 4 and get MAAT status and become an AAT Licensed Accountants.
What is AATQB and MAAT?
AATQB offers you the opportunity to show your employer, clients and colleagues about your bookkeeping skills. This Accounting Qualification helps you to get better openings in Accounting. After completing AAT level 2 and level3, you will be designated as AATQB.
- After you name, you can use designatory AATQB letters
- Expand your professional network by meeting a nationwide community of peers
- Enhance your technical knowledge resources designed to support you
- Use career tools to secure your n promotion
- Apply to run your own business as an AAT Licensed Bookkeeper
AAT full membership (MAAT) is an internationally recognised professional status in accounting and finance. It demonstrates a high standard of education and experience to employers and clients.
You can become a full member if you either:
- Have completed the Professional Diploma in Accounting, or
- Have relevant qualifications or membership from another professional body, or
- Have an accounting or finance degree from a partner university.
AAT Level 3
AAT LEVEL 3 is the great level in the accounting Qualifications. It helps you to the knowledge you learn in level 2 and set you up for level 4.AAT level 3 qualification containing more complex accounting principles including Financial Processes, advanced Bookkeeping, final accounts and practices for accountants.
- AAT level 3 Consists of 6 units
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final accounts preparation
- Management account costing
- Advanced level synoptic
- Indirect tax
To gain the full AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (level 3) qualification, you will need to have the six assessments listed above. The Exams are computer-based.
How can Future Connect Training help you to get AAT Qualification?
We are motivated to find the best in you and assist you in achieving your targets.
- We are an award-winning training provider, and this is due to our post qualification and recruitment support.
- For us, AAT is not just a qualification; it's a career. We integrate the best bits of AAT qualification into our award-winning hands-on practical training, and it helps you get the link between theory and real-life accounting. We will be training you on actual client files and real documents. You will be trained on Sage, Xero, Quickbooks and other important software.
- All our training is CPD approved, paving your way to becoming AATQB or MAAT.
- Our finance options help you to achieve your dream job, and we have flexible payment packages. In addition, you also have multiple options to pay course fees, such as Self-funded, Employer funded and Private education loans.
How will you study with us?
Future Connect Training has different ways to help you study for the AAT course:
- Classroom-based course: Weekends, weekdays and evening courses at Finchley, Harrow, Manchester, Mile-end and Birmingham campuses.
- Online Live with Tutor: You can attend the AAT Bookkeeping course online as all our classes are broadcast live on our dedicated channel
What is practical bookkeeping Training?
It helps you understand how to keep the records and manage the day to day activities of the company. In practical bookkeeping training, you will be trained with different software like Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and other software.
How AAT helps you get better Career opportunities?
By completing the AAT Qualifications, You will be more productive, efficient and capable in accounting. This will help you get better career options.
Who can do AAT qualifications?
If you are 19 and above, you can do AAT qualifications. People without an accounting background can also be able to do these courses. If you are looking for a career change or progression in an accounting career, choose AAT Qualifications.
How long does it take to complete AAT Level 3?
It usually takes 8-12 months to complete.
What is MAAT?
It is an internationally recognised professional status in Accounting and Finance. To apply for this student must have completed AAT Professional Diploma in accounting.