"AAT qualifications AQ2022 are the best accounting qualifications and route for an Accountancy Job. We help our students to become AATQB with CPD approved Practical Accounting Training and exam Support."
The Association of Accounting Technicians is the world's leading professional body for Accounting Technicians, with over 150,000 members worldwide. AAT is internationally recognised, with more than 130,000 members worldwide.
AAT makes sure to maintain professional standards, with a great focus on supporting and encouraging accounting professionals worldwide. The Professional members of AAT are employed at various levels of Accounting and finance job roles. A vast majority of AAT Professionals are self-employed.
Table of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- Why choose this qualification?
- What does it cover?
- Syllabus AQ2022
- How long does it take to complete the course
- How will students be assessed?
- Entry requirements
- Jobs that can lead to
Introduction: The AAT Bookkeeping Qualification aims to equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to launch a successful career in finance. This article will cover the benefits of getting an AAT Bookkeeping Qualification and what it entails.
Benefits of Getting an AAT Bookkeeping Qualification:
- Recognized Qualification - The finance industry respects and globally recognizes the AAT Bookkeeping Qualification.
- Enhanced Career Prospects - AAT Bookkeeping Qualification holders are valued by employers as they possess practical and relevant knowledge in bookkeeping and accounting.
- Higher Earning Potential - AAT Bookkeeping Qualification holders can earn higher salaries than those without the qualification due to their expertise in bookkeeping and accounting.
- Opportunities for Progression - AAT Bookkeeping Qualification holders can progress to further qualifications, such as the AAT Accounting Qualification, to further their career in finance.
What Does the AAT Bookkeeping Qualification Entail:
- Units - The AAT Bookkeeping Qualification consists of two divisions - Bookkeeping Transactions and Bookkeeping Controls.
- Assessment - The AAT Bookkeeping Qualification assesses candidates through computer-based exams and a synoptic review.
- Duration: You can complete the AAT Bookkeeping Qualification in at least six months, depending on your schedule and pace.
- Entry Requirements - There are no formal entry requirements for the AAT Bookkeeping Qualification, but basic numeracy and English language skills are essential.
Conclusion: Obtaining an AAT Bookkeeping Qualification is a smart investment in your future as it offers enhanced career prospects and higher earning potential while providing progression opportunities. With global recognition, starting a career in finance by pursuing this qualification is an excellent choice.
Why choose this qualification?
Students who want to grasp skills quickly should choose AAT Level 2 qualification in Bookkeeping AQ2022. These best qualifications allow students to develop specialized skills or to recognize the skills they already have.
What does it cover?
The Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping AQ2022 the best accounting qualifications aims to ensure that students have solid bookkeeping skills required for most financial roles.
Students who complete this AQ2022 bookkeeping best accounting qualifications will develop practical accountancy skills in the double entry bookkeeping system and the use of relevant documents and procedures. Students will be able to learn transactions for accuracy, make entries in books and ledgers, and calculate invoices and credit notes.
Cover more complex level bookkeeping procedures, including VAT, reconciliation and trial balances, and promote their understanding of the relationship between different accounting records.
Best Accounting Qualifications Syllabus AQ2022
- Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK)
- Principles of Bookkeeping Control (POBC)
Introduction to Bookkeeping (ITBK)
How to transfer sales, purchases and general ledgers. Students will learn how to check the accuracy of invoices, credit notes, remittance advice, account statements and small cash vouchers. They will learn how to use these documents to register sales and purchase daybooks, sales and purchase return daybooks, and account codes using daybooks permissions and discounts, as well as in total. They will learn that entering them into a digital bookkeeping system is the same process as entering a transaction manually. However, the method of entering them will be different from one system to another.
- Understand how to set up bookkeeping systems
- Process customer transactions
- Process supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions into the ledger accounts
Principles of Bookkeeping Control (POBC)
Students will develop the ability to create value-added tax (VAT) control accounts and receivable and payable ledger control accounts, including reconciliation with receivable and payable ledgers.
They will use the journal to record various transactions, including error correction. Students will be able to recreate the initial trial balance after the adjustment. They will master how to update the cash book after receiving the bank statement and how to prepare a bank reconciliation statement.
- Use control accounts
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
- Use the journal
- Produce trial balances
How long does it take to complete the course
Level 2 certification in bookkeeping AQ2022 takes about 12 weeks to complete.
How will students be assessed?
To achieve these best accounting qualifications, students must conduct three mandatory unit assessments and one synoptic assessment. The proportion of this qualification assessed by externally marked assessment is 100 percent.
All assessments in this qualification:
- are computer-based
- are set and marked by AAT
- are time-limited
- are scheduled by training providers or assessment venues
- take place at approved training providers and assessment venues under controlled conditions
You must pass all unit assessments in the qualification you are taking. All exams are computer-based exams, and they are time-bound.
Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping exam
- Introduction to bookkeeping - 90-minute computer-based test
- Principles of bookkeeping control - 90 minutes computer-based test
Students should only be admitted for assessment when they are well prepared and are expected to pass the assessment. When a student fails in an assessment attempt, they should discuss their results with their tutor and review them appropriately before re-sit.
This Qualification is not subject to re-sit restrictions.
Most of the students will start at the foundation level. For the best chance of success, we suggest that students begin their education with good quality English and Maths. This qualification can be a fast track for an AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting.
Students can start with any qualification based on current skills and experience. Already have some accounting experience?
Exemptions may be granted to students who can provide proof of previous, relevant qualifications. If eligible, students may be excused from taking some AAT exams. A fee will be charged for the exemption. Exceptions will be a maximum pass in the overall qualification grade.
Jobs that can lead to
The skills developed from studying these best accounting qualifications will enable a student to find a job and progress to the next level confidently. The student completing this qualification will develop the basic skills required in accountancy and finance.
They will use bookkeeping skills to confidently conduct accounting transactions and process financial information per established procedures and schedules.
- Clerical Assistant
- Trainee Bookkeeper
- Management Accountant
- Accounts Clerk
- Finance Assistant
- Accounts Administrator
Future Connect Training is the best training provider offering top accounting qualifications. Accounting not only helps an enterprise to run its day-to-day activities smoothly but also helps in its future growth. Moreover, improving your personal, social and IT skills with Future Connect can earn great opportunities in the marketplace and make you competitive for job positions
What can a qualified bookkeeper do?
A bookkeeper will keep track of money coming and going, manage daily cash flow, prepare tax returns at year-end, and help to manage finances more efficiently. As an authentic bookkeeper, you can work in the finance team or offer your services with self-employment.
Q.2. What is involved in bookkeeping?
Bookkeepers monitor the company's financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on payable and receivable accounts, payroll, and daily financial entries and understandings. Performing daily tasks such as financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record adjustments.
Q.3. How long does it take to become a bookkeeper?
The AAT bookkeeping course AQ2022 are the best accounting qualifications that take anywhere from six weeks to six months to complete and will provide you with the basic skills important to many financial roles.
Q.4. Is bookkeeping a good career?
The demand for bookkeepers is high and growing. You have the best chance of getting a job upon completing your AQ2022 qualification. Bookkeepers are wanted everywhere, so if working abroad is your dream, you should consider a career in bookkeeping.