AAT qualification: What are these and are these the best way to move ahead?
"AAT qualification is the best route for Accountancy Job. We help our students to become AATQB with CPD approved Practical Accounting Training and exam Support."
AAT is a global brand bosting more than 130,000 members worldwide. The membership is represented in 90 countries. The Professional members of AAT are employed at various levels of Accounting and finance job roles. A vast majority of them works in self-employed accounting practices.
The AAT membership community represents very professional, ambitious and highly capable accounting professionals. A large number of members are employees at high-level finance positions.
In short, an AAT qualification is the best route to some of the most in-demand skills in the world and provides our students and members with a professional status to be proud of.
What are the AAT Qualifications?
AAT comprised of four accounting qualifications, the duration of these qualification range between six and 18 months to complete. The qualification forms the basis of an amazing career in accounting with lots of different concepts delivered to make you a respected candidate for employers everywhere.
- Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
- Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business (Level 2) (16–19-year-olds only)
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)qualification leads to AAT bookkeeping member (AATQB)
- Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4)
Qualification lead to AAT full member (MAAT) status.
What is bookkeeping?
There are four different activities in an accounting cycle. Bookkeeping is the first transactional level activity as it records all the day to day transactions like, Sales, purchases, bank and VAT related transactions. It is the bookkeeping that forms the basis of the accounts assistant, management accounts and Final Accounts related activities.
A professional bookkeeper will organise all the documents in a proper record keeping directive given by HMRC. It includes keeping an eye on dates, amounts, breakdown of the Vat content and effect of transactions on the chart of accounts.
The transactions a bookkeeper can be dealing with covers,
- Various banking transaction, including petty cash
- Credit control activities including the maintenance of sales and purchase ledgers
- Dealing with business expenses as rent, wages and assets registers.
Why is Bookkeeping done in any organization?
Bookkeeping is like putting down foundation of a big multi-story complex building structure, it is the basis of all the numbers that shows the performance of the company in the final statements. It’s the bookkeeping that will tell us about
- Business performance, the targets , the achievements
- The liabilities, the losses
- Areas of improvement and
- Any opportunities of revenue increment or loss control
It is important to understand that the bookkeeping gives the basis of all the financial figures. It is the units that make a whole picture clear. There is a clear distinction between overall accounting concepts and just bookkeeping.
Bookkeeping is integral first level part of the accounting process, its leads to trail balance adjustments, the month ends, year ends and the final accounts. It gives the numbers that translate into performance measurement.
Does AAT qualifications cover Bookkeeping Skills?
AAT qualifications are the best that you can have to get on with the bookkeeping jobs. The level 2 AAT is designed to give you all what you require to become a Bookkeeper. The qualification is effective for the candidates want to get on with the accounting career.
If you have some background in accounting, the best way to go ahead is the AAT Level 3 and AAT Level 4.
AAT course at level 2 is you entry into an “accredited route” into bookkeeping.
If you want to get on with the possibility of getting ahead of the competition and you like challenge! Why not join us into our combined AAT Level 2 and Level 3 course with integrated practical training. This combination will make sure you get the best out of all the candidates and are on track to get MAAT status in shortest time including job and recruitment support.
What are the jobs for the AAT qualified professionals?
The possibilities are infinite. The AAT is well reputed qualification and will help you to get on with following jobs.
You can apply below job roles:-
- Self-employed bookkeeper
- Management Accountant
- Accounts Assistant
- Finance manager
- Financial controller.
This is not a complete list but a few.
Majority of AAT graduates work as self-employed. Most of the AAT candidates take on AATQB route and open up their own bookkeeping practices it helps them maintain work-life balance . After this they carry on with the next level of qualification at level 4 and get MAAT status and become a AAT licensed Accountants.
What is AATQB and MAAT?
As an AAT bookkeeping AATQB member, you can:
- After you name you can use designatory AATQB letters
- Expand your professional network by meeting nationwide community of peers
- Enhance your technical knowledge resources designed to support you
- Use career tools to secure your next big role or promotion
- Apply to run your own business as an AAT Licensed Bookkeeper.
AAT full membership (MAAT) is an internationally recognised professional status in accounting and finance. It demonstrates a high standard of education and experience to employers and clients, along with a commitment to development and keeping your skills current.
You can become a full member if you either:
- Have completed the Professional Diploma in Accounting, or
- Have relevant qualifications or membership from another professional body, or
- Have an accounting or finance degree from a partner university.
How Future Connect Training can help getting most out of AAT Qualification?
- First of all, we are an AAT approved accounting training provider. Our staff has enormous teaching experience, they are motivated to find the best in you and assist you achieve your targets.
- We are an award winning training provider and this is due to our post qualification and recruitment support.
- For us, AAT is not just a qualification, it’s a career. We integrate the best bits of AAT qualification into our award winning hands on practical training and it helps you get the bigger picture. With us , you will not be left wondering, how the real live job is going to be like , as we will be training you on actual client files and real documents. You will be trained on Sage, Xero, Quickbooks and other important software.
- All our trainings are CPD approved, paving your way to become AATQB or MAAT.
- Our finance options help you to achieve your dream job without creating a whole in your bank. We have flexible payment packages. In addition, you also have multiple options to pay course fees, such as Self-funded, Employer funded, and Private education loan.
How you will study with us?
Future Connect Training has different ways to help you study for AAT course:
- Classroom-based course: Weekends, weekdays and evening courses at Finchley, Harrow , Mile end and Birmingham campuses
- Online Live with Tutor: You can attend AAT Bookkeeping course online as all our classes are broadcast live on our dedicated channel.