Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) training course teaches HMRC returns, payment & deduction statements of the contractors & subcontractors falling within the scope of Construction Industry Scheme. The course provides you with the up to date information of all the recent technical changes by HMRC and its implication of getting all the employment rules right.
Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
In addition to dealing with the administration of the scheme, attendees will receive practical advice on how to manage the typical issues that they will encounter with subcontractors. To reinforce the learning and to consolidate your knowledge,there are also two interactive sessions which look at case studies and exercises relating to the scheme.
Who is it for?
Construction Industry course is for anyone who is going to be connected to the construction industry where their job will be to manage the payroll and processing and reporting CIS payments.
- Purpose and background of the Construction Industry Scheme
- Importance of establishing the employment status and verification process
- Compliance requirements and electronic filing and paying
- The penalties for getting it wrong
- Registration and cancellation of registration
- Business test
- Turnover test
- Verification procedures
- Day to day requirements
- Monthly returns
- Paying subcontractors and processing the deduction of tax
- Disputes and errors
- Online appeals from April 2016
- The Mandatory online filing from April 2016
- Withdrawal of telephone verification service from April 2017
- The Continued impact of the IR35
By the end of this course you will have learnt,
- How to register under CIS with HMRC
- Activation of CIS Module on Sage, XERO or QuickBooks training
- Understanding of the responsibilities towards HMRC, the contractor and the subcontractor duties and labilities.
- Verification Process for engaging new subcontractors
- How to make the correct payments.
- Processing the main contractors, subcontractors and gross pay
- A detailed understating of the necessary processes and report submissions
- An overall compliance with the law and all technicalities around CIS Scheme.
Benefits with Future Connect Training
- Blended learning approach with revision based clients accessible from home to give you maximum support in learning.
- Flexible one to one training sessions built around your availability, with option to choose days, timing and sessions.
- Recruitment company helping you with job hunting after training.
- Certification form certified Accounting firm.
- Specialised one to one coaching sessions for CV, Interview preparation and Job hunting tips.
- Installation of software in your laptops for practice from home.
- Covering experience requirement for all major accounting bodies.
Requirements for CIS training
The course does not require any previous qualifications, skills, or training for undertaking Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) training course. The program is open to everyone who has a learning passion and wants to study CIS. You can enrol in the course whenever you want.
The only eligibility criteria are learning enthusiasm and age above 16 years.
CIS training details
- The course utilises using Sage 50 Accounts software
- The scheme uses HMRC reporting using Sage 50 Payroll
- The course uses HMRC website guidelines
- It offers self-evaluation for people working in the construction industry
- It implies to the company having both contractor and subcontractor
- Multiple Industries covered
- Fully flexible structure – On Demand Training
- One on One Individual Training
- In-class, Online and Live Online options to train
- Offices available in Finchley, Harrow, Hounslow, Mile End, Corydon, Birmingham and Manchester
- CV and Recruitment support