An Introduction to AAT Bookkeeping Course: AAT Level 2 Qualification
"AAT Level 2 is the starting point of AAT Qualification. Future Connect Training helps you pass exams and get AATQB status also. We are an AAT Approved Exam centre."
The AAT bookkeeping course at Future Connect Training gives you the best start to an accounting career; our integration of theory and practical training makes us the best choice for AAT learning.
The following article will introduce you to the AAT level 2 qualification, its details, and its progression.
What is the AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping Qualification?
Bookkeeping is an integral part of the business processes, and it is at the heart of all businesses, making bookkeeping a skill in high demand for all businesses.
The bookkeepers can work as an employee of the company or even as self-employed. The self-employed bookkeepers attract a large and diverse portfolio of clients. Self-employment allows you to work on your timings and attain a work-life balance. We aim to provide you with the best quality training that helps you achieve your goals and help you get your dream job.
Our AAT Bookkeeping Certificate at level 2 is a great option to kick start your dream accounting career; you could be employed full time or even part-time
This AAT bookkeeping course has two variants
- Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping - 2 exams
- Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping - 5 exams;
What are the subjects included in the AAT level 2 Bookkeeping course?
The subjects are :
- Bookkeeping Transactions
- Bookkeeping Controls
Details of Course of AAT level 2
A student completing this qualification will develop :
- Skills in double-entry bookkeeping.
- Will understand how to use journals, control accounts and a trial balance.
- Students will also learn how to use an accounting software package.
- How to process financial information per company procedures and schedules.
- How to provide information to colleagues, suppliers and customers as required.
Assessment of AAT Level 2 Exams
To qualify, the Students must complete:
- Four-unit assessments
- One complete synoptic assessment
The qualification is 100% externally assessed.
All assessments in AAT Level 2 :
- are set and marked by AAT
- are computer-based
- are time-limited
- are scheduled by training providers or assessment venues
- take place at approved centres and venues under controlled conditions. To achieve the qualification and be awarded a grade, a student must pass all the mandatory and synoptic assessments.
Unit and synoptic assessments are not awarded grades individually, but the marks achieved in all examinations contribute to the student's overall rate for the qualification.
How does Future connect offer Bookkeeping training and AAT Level 2?
Future connect training has a unique way of delivering AAT Level 2 qualification; we will be adding the practical aspects of aat. The bookkeeping training varies between 40 to 80 hours and gives you the best combination to understand everything you study in books.
We will provide you with real clients and bridge the gap between theory and practice. You will get hands-on practical experience learning software like Sage, Xero, Quickbooks and Advanced Excel Skills.
What is the next Progression from AAT level 2?
After AAT level 2, you can work as a self-employed bookkeeper, get into employment, or continue with your Level 3.
These bookkeeping courses can be completed in a few months so that you can get the life-changing benefits of a bookkeeping course straight away. A weekend bookkeeping course can fit around work commitments and child care.
What Job roles can you pursue after AAT Level 2?
Jobs available for Bookkeeper
- Self-employed Bookkeeper
- Employed Bookkeeper in a company
- Credit Controller as in AP / AR role
- Sales/Purchase Ledger Clerk and VAT administrator
These roles have a potential earning of up to £25,000 per year. (Source: National Career Service)
The AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping course is an adequate means of understanding the basic & foundational elements of the Accounting system and a stepping stone towards advanced accounting concepts.
Progression towards AAT Level 3 and having an AATQB License.
What is AATQB (AAT Qualified Bookkeeper)?
After passing all your exams - 5 in total you will gain the AATQB status
The qualification will enable you to do the following :
- Understanding the cost accounting systems, based on income and expenditures.
- Understanding actual versus expected figures based on the onset.
- Understand the working of spreadsheets / advanced excel.
- Learning how to use accounting software. with secure login and passwords integration and backup routines.
- A vital part of the AAT bookkeeping course focuses on ethical issues and sustainability.
- The essential element is the understanding of the double-entry bookkeeping system and associated processes.
- Understand the banking receipts and payable system.
- A basic level of complexity, including the journal and control accounts and reconciliations, is also added in the course.
Why AAT Level 2 at Future Connect Training
Our AAT bookkeeping course tutors are our pride; they are highly qualified and motivated. They like to go the extra mile and help you to achieve your qualification. They will guide you every step of your training programme and help you to achieve your training goals.
AAT level 2 can be done on weekends, evenings, or weekdays in our Finchley, Harrow, Mile-end and Birmingham offices.
Blended Live and Classroom
We broadcast our lectures, so you are still with us if you are not in the class. We can help you learn where you are and help you achieve your learning targets. Our online AAT courses will help you to achieve your AAT qualification anywhere at your own pace.
If you have any queries or want to book one of our AAT Bookkeeping Qualifications, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. Our dedicated advisors will gladly help you select which level is best for you based on your previous experience and educational background. Our advisors are 24/7 available for your service.