"XERO accounting training gives you the best option to understand the working of accounting software. Learn XERO and be more employable and Certified."
Table of Contents
- XERO Accounting Training
- Xero Accounting Course For Beginners: Overview
- Learning Objectives of Xero Accounting Course
- Xero Accounting Course stages
- XERO Accounting Training Stage-1
- XERO Accounting Training Stage-2
- XERO Accounting Training Stage-3
- Who Can Join Xero Accounting Training?
- How Do We Support You?
- After Completing Xero Accounting Training, What Jobs Will I Qualify For?
XERO Accounting Training
XERO is one of the fastest-growing accounting software used widely in the UK. As a job seeker in an accountancy firm, it is important that you must have a very good understanding of the software. XERO is an online accounting software, and unlike many other software, it has unique features to automate your day-to-day bookkeeping processes like bank reconciliation or invoice entry. It is a good choice for all sorts of business sectors ranging from services to manufacturing. XERO is MTD ready, and you can submit the VAT returns that are HMRC compliant. Before moving to course details, let's know what MTD actually means.
What does MTD stand for? Is Xero Compatible with MTD?
MTD stands for “Making Tax Digital”. Yes. Xero has been recognized by the UK's HMRC and is compatible with the Making Tax Digital initiative. By using Xero, you can maintain digital records and send your VAT return straight to HMRC. As a matter of fact, according to a recent poll conducted by Xero, 88% of respondents agreed that Xero has made Making Tax digital for VAT simple for them.
Xero's extra features, as mentioned-below, further simplify bookkeeping and company management.
- Real-time data from banks
- Receipt capturing
- Bank reconciliation.
Xero Accounting Course For Beginners: Overview
Learning Objectives of Xero Accounting Course
- Learn Xero's fundamentals and you'll give yourself a headstart in the accounting field.
- Start entering account information and opening cash available now
- Find out how to do a bank reconciliation, make out a VAT report, and generate invoices
- Manage the company's payroll by following our detailed instructions
- learn to make adjustments to the nominal ledger and generating a chart of accounts report
- Know the ins and outs of cash payments to vendors and other miscellaneous cash expenditures
- Eliminate bad debts and check your credit report
- Learn to calculate depreciation and VAT rates
Xero Accounting Course stages
To make it easier, we have divided the XERO accounting training into three easy stages.
- Stage one deals with the invoices and account creation, leading to Bookkeeping and VAT
- Stage two deals with the journals and post VAT processes leading to the Final trial balance
- Stage three deals with the reposting formats available on XERO
XERO Accounting Training Stage-1
XERO Accounting training Stage-1 is for learners who aim to provide the skills which you need to provide up-to-date and accurate information to upper management or team. We all know that in the UK, Bookkeepers play an active role within organisations. Thus, they must be competent enough to assure that financial records of the company and its employees are accurate, ordered, up to date and complete.
XERO Accounting Training Syllabus:
- Understanding the Chart of Accounts
- Making Account names, Numbers & Bank Payments
- Bank Reconciliations
- Monitoring Customer Activity
- Generating Customers Invoices
- Generating Product Invoices & Credit Notes
- Creating Customer Receipts & Purchase Invoices
- Compiling & Sending Customer Statements
- Supplier Payments
- Generating Reports & Information
- Managing Recurring Entries
- VAT Changes
XERO Accounting Training Stage-2
Stage- 2 Training course is an intermediary level of training. The purpose is to build on the knowledge at the first stage and carry on to perform the post-VAT processes. In this learning period you will learn dealing with Accruals, prepayments, asset registers and many other important journals.
XERO Accounting Training Syllabus
- An overview of the XERO program
- Creating customer records
- Preparing and printing a trial balance
- Setting up liabilities & capital balances
- Creating supplier records
- Checking data
- Producing routine reports
- Posting error corrections, amending records
- Entering supplier invoices
- Invoicing, entering new products, checking communication history
- Audit trails and reconcile debtors and creditors
- Processing accruals, prepayment and depreciation journals
- Maintaining Assets registers on XERO
- Banking and payments, producing statements, petty cash
- Processing purchase credit notes
- Creating sales credit notes
- Verifying Audit Trail
- Preparing journals
- Processing Trial Balance
- Purchase orders, processing sales orders
- Writing-off bad debts
XERO Accounting Training Stage-3
Stage 3 is designed to offer individuals a more advanced understanding of bookkeeping and XERO accounts. Once the bookkeeping is done, the accounts assistant proceeds to take the accounts to the Trial balance level by performing control accounts reconciliations and processing journals. The 3rd stage of Xero accounting training is designed to focus on the reporting part of the XERO software. The candidates should be comfortable in generating simple yet advanced reports for deeper understanding.
XERO Accounting Training Stage 3 Syllabus
- Making a Chart of Accounts to Suit Company Requirements
- The Trial Balance preparation
- Sole Trader Accounts preparation
- Errors in the Trial Balance
- Use of the Journal
- Disputed Items
- Contra Entries
- Prepare and Process Month-End Routine
- Bad Debts and Provision for Doubtful Debts
- The Government Gateway and VAT Returns
- Management of Information Reports
- Prepare and Produce Final Accounts
- Making Decisions with Reports Using XERO
- Accruals and Prepayments
- The Fixed Asset Register and Depreciation
- Advanced Credit Control
- Cash Flow and Forecast Reports
Who Can Join Xero Accounting Training?
The XERO course is appropriate for people who:
- are planning their own business
- are thinking about exchanging from a manual to a computerised Bookkeeping system
- want to progress their career prospects
How Do We Support You?
- Arrange sessions when and where you want
- Provide efficient study material and quality video
- Receive skilful teacher support
- Task scoring and reviews
- Grant CPD certification after the completion of the program
- Free CV formation service
- Support to arrange placement opportunities if required.
- Give a dedicated e-portfolio to register your practice any time, seven days a week, at our East, West, North London, and Birmingham offices.
- In-demand software exercise that will assist in improving your practical approaches.
- Proficient direction to start Accountancy Preparation
- Free e-portfolio to follow your performance and practice discoveries connected to academic modules of AAT.
After Completing Xero Accounting Training, What Jobs Will I Qualify For?
- Senior bookkeeper
- Senior Purchase ledger clerk
- Assistant Accountant
- Senior Sales ledger clerk
We offer Daytime or Weekend sessions for XERO Bookkeeping Training Course.
You will gain a CPD Completion certificate from Future Connect Training once you finish this Xero certification course. Then, you have an option to attain a Certificate from SAGE(UK) subject to pass the exam.