The purpose of these courses is to facilitate students to build up entry-level skills in general accounting, payroll and accounts. Diploma and associate degree programs are existing at many institutes. Read on to learn more about this program. Bookkeeping and Accounting have been done manually till the 1980s when the arrival of fast computers and easy-to-use, accurate and reliable software started.
In Computerized Accounting, we use computers and different software to record, store and to process financial data. This brings with it many advantages that are not available to analogue accounting systems.
This article does not deal with the use of excel sheets that are often used as an alternative for proper accounting software to process accounting data. It is widespread thing knowledge that spreadsheets do not provide a scalable explanation for accounting purposes and therefore are an unsafe solution to spend in.
Bookkeeping in the Old Days
Previous to computers and software, the bookkeeping for small businesses typically began by writing entries into journals. Journals were defined as the books of unique entry. To decrease the amount of writing in a general journal, particular journals or daybooks were introduced. The individual or specialized journals consisted of a sales journal, purchases journal, cash receipts journal, and cash payments journal.
The company's transactions were written in the journals in date order. Later, the amounts in the journals would be posted to the selected accounts located in the general ledger. Examples of reports include Rent Expense, Wages Expense, Cash, Sales, Loans Payable, etc. Each account's balance had to be intended, and a company may have supplementary ledgers for accounts such as Accounts Receivable.
Why is this course perfect for you?
It is essential that a Bookkeeper can work effectively on a computer. Students must demonstrate this competence in basic business computing and a computerized accounting system. The computerized bookkeeping course includes the completion of the monthly bookkeeping cycle on Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Nowadays, technology transforms the world, and this is fundamental to modern businesses in many ways. Many organizations keep their records digitally, with accounting software used by organizations of all sizes in all industries.
Who is this qualification for?
The Bookkeeper Certificate in Computerized Bookkeeping and Accounting qualification is primarily planned to insist to learners who previously have a good working knowledge of the software, and wish to further their studies of computerized bookkeeping within a moving business.
The qualification will also plead to those learners who already have good practical knowledge and skills and wish to gain a competent qualification in the subject.
Owners of small businesses may also find the qualification useful as it gives coverage of the full range of tasks that can be carried out using commercially available accounting software suitable for maintaining accounts for a small business.
Principles of advanced computerized accounting
- Understand the principle ofaccounting concepts and values and recognize the qualitative characteristics of economic information
- Understand the fundamentals of computerized accounting
- comprehend terms used in accounting
- be aware of the purpose of VAT Accounts and the VAT return
- Understand the procedure of accounting for a stock valuation
- realize the progression of accounting for fixed assets
- know the process of accounting for prepayments and accruals
- Understand the method of accounting for bad and doubtful debts
- appreciate the purpose of a trial balance and an anticipation account
- value the use of financial statements
- recognize the principles of accounting for partnerships
- be aware of the goals of budgeting
Use a computerized accounting package
- Set up an automated accounting system
- go through business transactions
- get ready and place journal entries
- Account for a stock valuation
- Account for fixed possessions
- Account for prepayments and accruals
- Account for bad and uncertain debts
- Make the end of phase adjustments
- alter the chart of accounts and make reports
Advantages of using computerized accounting software
- Data Access
- Basic PC concepts.
- Working with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista.
- Working with the Internet and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook.
- Working with Microsoft Word.
- Working with Microsoft Excel.
- Working with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Installation and registration.
- Pastel language.
- Creating and setting up a company.
- Create and maintain general ledger accounts.
- Create and maintain supplier accounts.
- Create and manage customer accounts.
- Create and maintain inventory items.
- Take on balances and journals.
- Supplier processing.
- Customer processing.
- Cash book, petty cash and journal.
- Month-end procedures.
- Year-end procedures.
Future Connect Training offers a series of computerized bookkeeping courses which include:
- Individual attention and support.
- Competitive prices.
- Lessons delivered by the highly skilled training team.
- Practical sessions at our dedicated training centers.
- Accounting software used in our centers – also available for use at home.
- Supporting training materials provided
- Job search support and guidance on CV and interview techniques
What we offer?
Future Connect Training provides a series of computerized bookkeeping training which cover bookkeeping principles, and it demonstrates how the widely used Accounting software related with such as Sage, QuickBooks, TAS & VT, IRIS,ensures that our students develop an understanding the volumes of data and experience of real-life scenarios. FC Training developed their range of bookkeeping courses to meet the needs of employers communicated to them by their many business contacts. FC Training’s flexible training schedule uses some classroom sessions with practical work which our students carry out at their own pace at one of our centers. Sessions are booked in advance and can be scheduled to fit around any current work commitments. Our training team supports these sessions – you can ask for help when you need it.
When enrolling in a course you are investing time and money – and you want a good return on this investment. FC Training’s computerized accounting courses develop a sound understanding and practical experience of bookkeeping, skills which are in demand throughout the country in all industries, as all companies and charities are required by law to keep accounts.