Our bookkeeping practical training covers AAT, IAB, ACCA, CIMA modules and all of our courses are internationally recognised and accredited by IAB, CPD, DWP and BAC. The bookkeeping courses are highly desirable by the individuals as they get practical, industry-focused knowledge that they can use from day one at the workplace.
We provide Practical Training for all the level of accounting and finance education.
Accounting best practices
You must Familiar with your financial transactions, Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, and Cash Flow Statement
Whether you have an accountant or an employee running your in-house business, you must know how to read these essential financial tools. They will update you of your financial situation at any given time. Being financially up to date will help you make resonance business decisions.
- Balance Sheet: this shows the company’s total resources, liabilities and wealth at a particular point in time
- Profit & Loss or Income Statement: shows the revenues coming and operating cost incurred during a specific period
- Cash Flow Statement: shows details of the flow of cash as a result of the company’s operating, savings and financing activities.
Prepare business plan
At the start of your business operation or of the successive operating years, business finance and strategy will help you scheme and guesstimate future operating cost and the amount of income or profits needed to maintain your operations. A well-recognized business budget and marketing plan is a must when looking for outside funding investment.
Select what accounting method you will use?
Accounting technique depends on the nature of your business.
- Cash Basis: It is the purest form of accounting. You must be familiar with and record profits when cash is received. Operating cost is recorded when bills are paid.
- Accrual Method: Profits are recognized and recorded when earned. Operating expense is documented and recorded when enthusiastic or when an invoice is received. Keep in mind, when using this technique, revenues and invoices don’t have to be paid before registering them in your books.
Separate business and individual operating expense
I trust it was Benjamin Franklin, who wrote: “in this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except taxes and death.” When running your business, it can be appealing to announce certain “personal” expenses as a justifiable business expense. I would advise to you to defend against the persuasion for two reasons:
- It distorts the right financial presentation of your activity. A factor that may prevent external investors.
- It is sensible to keep the income authorities on your side. A clean set of accounting books leads to a clean audit and less harass from the tax authorities. So back to Benjamin, while the previous may be delayed by keeping accurate “clean” books thus creating less stress, the latter is, unluckily predictable.
Computerize payments and invoicing
You have to study to take benefit of accounting knowledge. Enrol returning bills on e-Payments and regular consumers in e-Invoicing. This practice avoids past due bills and un-accounted profits.
Recognize and severely implement best practice interior controls
Setting up and implementing internal financial controls at a very early stage of your business will help you attain your financial goals. These internal controls may comprise processes defending revenues from expenditure, errors and fraud; and meeting economic obligations.
AAT Practical Bookkeeping courses
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
- AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting (Level 3)
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4)
- AAT Foundation and Advanced in Accounting (Level 2 and 3)
- AAT Advanced and Professional in Accounting (Level 3 and 4)
- AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 2)
- AAT Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping (Level 3)
- AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software
ACCA Practical Bookkeeping courses
- AB: Accountant in Business (F1)
- MA: Management Accounting (F2)
- FA: Financial Accounting (F3)
- LW: Corporate & Business Law (ENG) (F4)
- PM: Performance Management (F5)
- TX: Taxation (UK) (F6)
- FR: Financial Reporting (F7)
- AA: Audit and Assurance (F8)
- FM: Financial Management (F9)
- SBR: Strategic Business Reporting (P2)
- SBL: Strategic Business Leader (P3)
- AFM: Advanced Financial Management (P4)
- APM: Advanced Performance Management (P5)
- ATX: Advanced Taxation (UK) (P6)
- AAA: Advanced Audit and Assurance (INT) (P7)
CIMA Practical Bookkeeping courses
- BA1: Fundamentals of Business Economics
- BA2: Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- BA3: Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- BA4: Fundamentals of Ethics, Business Law and Corporate Governance
- E1: Organisational Management
- P1: Management Accounting
- F1: Financial Reporting and Taxation
- E2: Project and Relationship Management
- P2: Advanced Management Accounting
- F2: Advanced Financial Reporting
- E3: Strategic Management
- P3: Risk Management
- F3: Financial Strategy
IAB Practical Bookkeeping courses
- IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping
- IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping & Accounting
- IAB Manual Bookkeeping
An Accountancy qualification gives you a broad range of lucrative career opportunities. After graduating, you could set up your own accounting practice, or work in desirable roles such as:
- Accounting Technician
- Finance officer
- Cost accountant
- Payroll manager
- Commercial analyst
- Senior bookkeeper
- Accounts administrator
Our Accountancy Courses
We train the individuals on a different level of accountancy job roles from bookkeeper to accountant level. The following courses support the individuals to start their start in accountancy:-
- Bookkeeping & VAT
- Bookkeeping & Payroll
- Accounts Assistant
- Management Accounts
- Final Accounts
- Taxation Training
Why Choose Future Connect Training?
- Become a qualified bookkeeper
- Full support from your qualified tutor
- Easy to understand course materials
- FREE Professional CV writing service - Get a better CV to apply for better jobs
- FREE SAGE 50 software
- 1:1 professional support
- Set your own schedule, start anytime
- Highly flexible training
- Training Material designed by Qualified Accountants
- Reference from Chartered Accountancy Firm
Need advice or looking for more information? Contact our expert Bookkeeping Courses advisors by email, or by phone on 02037908674 or 01212959988 We're happy to help!