Level 1 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Payroll
"FAQs about IAB qualifications, What is the certification? Duration? Entry requirements? Assessment structure? Advantages? Exemptions? Course outcomes?"
Are you seeking a career in Bookkeeping and payroll? If yes, then you are in the right place to get more information about the course. In the piecework, we will discuss the Level 1 course details.
1) What is Bookkeeping and Payroll Level 1?
The Bookkeeping and Payroll Management practice course is extensive and outlined to cover the critical areas filed under the curriculum. This advanced Bookkeeping course allows you to intensify your Accounting and Bookkeeping abilities. That will prove to management that you can serve office Accounting and Bookkeeping tasks effectively. This course will cover the direction for the career into Bookkeeping and Payroll.
The Level 1 Award in Payroll for the Business study is part of the Regulated Qualification Framework.
2) Course Duration:
Usually, it takes 75 GLH (Guided Learning Hours) and 165hrs TQT (Total Qualification Time) to complete this qualification.
3) Who is suitable for this qualification?
Management groups and small business owners are needed to learn this course to run a successful bookkeeping system.
This course planned for people who want to study QuickBooks. We will guide you to the software from start to end no matter you are already signed up or new to discover QuickBooks. Eventually, all they want to use the program independently.
4) Course Entry requirements.
There are no specific entry requirements for the IAB Level 1 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Payroll qualification.
However, before starting their study in this field, the applicant must acquire the fundamental skills in both numeracy and literacy.
5) What will you learn?
This qualification covers the following segments:
Principles of Payroll Preparation Y/616/9096
- Possess fundamental work and data protection act relevant to payroll
- Know what constitutes gross pay for various payroll terms including leavers
- Note the difference between statutory and voluntary deductions.
- Learn the principles of the PAYE & NIC systems in the UK.
- Get the knowledge required to prepare and submit an employee payroll report under HMRC Real Time Information regulations
- Understand the internal and external systems needed for concluding the payroll
- Read HMRC reporting demands
Fundamentals of Payroll Processing D/616/9097
- Be capable of calculating gross pay for different payroll periods and situations
- Be prepared to determine the amount of income tax to be deducted from Gross Pay
- Be ready to decide on the amount of National Insurance Contributions to be deducted from Gross Pay
- Be able to apply voluntary deductions
- Be prepared to complete internal and statutory procedures for a leaver
- Be ready to produce the required payroll reports and reviews
Computerised Payroll Processing H/616/9098
- Be able to set a computerised payroll system adopting commercially available payroll software
- Be prepared to set up employee records and payroll data on an automated payroll system
- Be ready to prepare and enter details of gross pay into the computerised payroll system
- Be able to process the payroll
- Be prepared to back up and restore payroll data
Introduction to bookkeeping T/508/5857
- Understand the basics of double-entry Bookkeeping
- Understand bookkeeping terms
- Recognise source documents and understand their purpose
- Understand the basics of VAT
- Understand the meaning of the trial balance and petty cash and bank reconciliations
Keep double-entry records and prepare a trial balance A/508/5858
- Use the journal
- Record transactions in a double-entry bookkeeping system
- Prepare a trial balance
Prepare reconciliations F/508/5859
- Reconcile the petty cash balance
- Prepare a bank reconciliation statement
6) What are the advantages?
Once you enter in your payroll qualification with the IAB, you will convert as a student member of the IAB.
This membership brings some additional benefits, including allowing you access to past exam papers and further information regarding professional association with the IAB.
After the completion of the necessary IAB qualifications and being able to view a webinar providing CV and interview advice to help you to maximise your career potential.
Advancing to a requirement in the same subject area still at a higher level, through expanding their experience and skills base in the subject area.
The mandatory units within the IAB Level 1 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Payroll qualification link with the following National Occupational Standards (NOS) to Accountancy and Finance:
- FA-1 Process Income
- FA-2 Process Expenditure
- FA-3 Account for Income and Expenditure
- FSP P1 – Design and maintain employee records
- FSP P2 – Calculate Gross Pay
- FSP P3 – Define entitlements and deductions
- FSP P4 – Control payroll
7) How is it assessed?
This qualification covers:
Online Knowledge Test
Online Knowledge tests are a set of individualistic short answer questions made up of multiple-choice, filling the gap, and true or false type questions. They are assessed via IAB-Online and are an open book. This test might be conducted in class or at home.
Online Assignments assessed via IAB-Online and even an open-book. These are performed in a classroom or at home and are short case study type questions with different tasks for all specific case study.
To complete the qualification, learners must demonstrate capability in each of the mandatory subjects of which the skill comprised. Students are assessed as Pass or Fail. Minimum levels of the achievement set as follows:
- Knowledge Test – 70%
- Assignments – 70%
On completion of each of the necessary units, the apprentice will be awarded a Pass in the group completed.
8) Study Option:
We provide expert support sessions during evenings and weekends with flexible study medium and course start days. Our approved and skilled tutors provide practical learning methods and ongoing support, even after your exams.
- A unique scheduled meeting with face to face classes led by an instructor.
- Classes at set periods of the day.
- Helps to access to our online learning resources.
- Workbooks for training Activities.
- On the completion of all mandatory units, the learner will receive an IAB Level 1 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Payroll.
- A certificate will be allotted to the learner confirming that they have demonstrated competence in the training outcomes and assessment criteria in each of the subjects making up the qualification.
- The certificate will recognise the learner by name and will involve the full title and accreditation number of the requirement.
- Learners who do not achieve the comprehensive education may request a Unit Certificate of Completion for any of the individual units they complete.
- individual units they complete.