How to become Financial Controller?
What is a Financial Controller?
Financial Controllers are involved with the day to day transactions happening in the business which will then be updated to the senior finance officers. These roles are found in larger companies where they will require more people working in the Finance Department.
What are Financial Controllers job role?
- Preparing financial reports.
- Analysing financial data.
- Monitoring internal controls.
- Overseeing and preparing income statements.
- Participating in budgeting processes.
- Managing financial transactions.
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations.
- Developing plans for financial growth.
- Evaluating and managing risk.
- Coordinating audit processes.
What skills are required for the role of Financial Controller?
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge on Computerised Accounting
- Business Knowledge
- Time Management
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Verbal & Oral Communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Analytical skills.
How to become a Financial Controller?
You do not need a degree for the job, but you will need to be trained. There are qualifications to improve your employability:
- AAT level 2,3 or 4 in Accounting.
- Degree in Business and Finance or Accounting.
- NVQ levels 2, 3 and 4 in Accounting.
- AAT Accounting Qualification at Foundation, Intermediate and Technician levels.
- IAB Level 3 Diploma in Accounting and Advanced Bookkeeping.
- IAB Level 3 Diploma in Small Business Financial Management.
What is the salary of Financial Controller?
- The salary for this job role depends on the type of industry they are working in so there is not a fixed number.
- Generally, the minimum salary in the UK will be £29,000 and the average person for this role will earn around £48,000. The more experienced you are, you can earn up to £70,000
How can Future Connect Training help?
Future Connect Training will help you to gain experience in Customised Accountancy Courses to ensure that you can become a Financial Controller such as:
- Accounts opening Balance Adjustments
- Trial balance analysis & corrections
- Month & Year end Adjustments
- Depreciation, Wages Journals
- Control Accounts
- Clearing Suspense Account
- Adjusted Trial balance
- Aged debtor & Creditor analysis
- Production of Year end Accounts