If you are concerned about starting a profession or business in bookkeeping what better way to get happening than by registering for in this course? Our course outline is planned to fit around your busy schedule or career. With several study options available, you can start your journey into the bookkeeping occupation and still maintain your existing commitments.
Careers in Accounts and Finance can offer a great deal of stability and prove very rewarding. Our Bookkeeping courses will help to equip you with the required skills and knowledge.
How to become a qualified bookkeeper?
If you want to work within the accounting team in larger firms, you should be able to collate, check and analyze financial information efficiently. If you choose to work in a smaller business, your bookkeeping qualifications will give you the confidence and knowledge to run a busy accounts department. You may also have aspirations to provide your accountancy service to local firms, in which case you can be sure these courses will give you the knowledge you need.
Steps to becoming a professional bookkeeper
Be ready to start your future today by registering for one of our professional bookkeeping qualifications. Crowded with practical techniques, specialist information and skills-based training, this gives you a dense base from which to start your professional life.
With a specialized qualification under your buckle, your choices are never-ending:
- Set up a profitable business as a qualified bookkeeper
- Make safe a position in a local accountancy practice
- Keep your finances in check, saving accountancy fees
- Improve earning potential by continuing your studies
- You never discontinue learning! This is true when you apply for a professional qualification. To join as a specialized member, you need level 2 or above criteria as the lowest amount. You’ll open the door to a world of opportunity.
- Promote your status with recognized letters after your name
- Access business-boosting benefits to save you time and money
- Expand your skills through continual professional development
Business advantages, tools to streamline your day-to-day practices, technical information keeping you at the front position of your industry. What could be better?
Obey with the law: If you supervise clients’ accounts in your bookkeeping practice, you must register by law for anti-money laundering supervision.
Is bookkeeping a good career choice?
Bookkeeping is a most in-demand profession that can be very rewarding. A good bookkeeper understands how a business works and tries to point out and provide key numbers that can help increase its efficiency. The system used in bookkeeping is also called the double entry and was invented hundreds of years ago by a monk. The essentials of double-entry have endured to this day, and all businesses practice it. Companies are required by law to keep daily records of every financial transition whether by putting down on paper or keeping it on computers. Bookkeeping provides career opportunities for the young and old, men and women from all backgrounds. However, a summary of qualifications is needed if you want to become a bookkeeper.
A bookkeeping qualification covers many aspects of bookkeeping, through recording sales, purchases, payments, bank reconciliation, maintaining and processing employee payroll records and preparing year-end reports such as the Profit and Loss statement and Balance Sheet. These year-end reports are used to give a real picture of a business and providing the information needed to develop future strategies.
Bookkeeping is an excellent job for anyone who enjoys working with numbers. This qualification is an advantage when applying for bookkeeping roles where you deal with all the financial records and keep an eye on the expenditure and income of an organization and maintain the accounts to ensure that all the tax paid. Our bookkeeping courses cover all the daily routine tasks and procedures so that our learners develop the required skills which enable them to keep accounting records up to date without having to rush to meet year-end deadlines.
Many bookkeeping vacancies are offering high rates of pay and opportunities to progress your career as a bookkeeper, and employers in all types of businesses prefer candidates with the practical experience and recognized bookkeeping qualification.
This qualification is a solid foundation for anyone who wants to make their career in bookkeeping and accounting.
Bookkeeper qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful employee. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many, could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field. Bookkeeper must have the following qualification and skills:
- Five years of experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
- Strong knowledge of usually accepted accounting principles
- Broad experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
- Experience in services associated with payroll such as writing cheques and submitting payroll taxes
- Good understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
Bookkeeper everyday jobs and duties
- Balance and retain perfect ledgers
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Bring together bank deposits and report financial results on an ordinary basis to management
- Monitor office operating cost and tally and enter cash receipts
- Pay merchant invoices and track bank account balances
- Expand monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Arrange quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
Future Connect Training offers a range of accounting courses, mainly the widely recognized AAT Certificates and their in-house practical sessions designed to give their students the practical experience sought by potential employers. These courses combine the accounting principles with training in the use of the widely used Accounting software (Sage, Quickbooks, IRIS, TAS & VT), ensuring that our students develop an understanding of and experience of real-life scenarios and volumes of data.