The basic bookkeeping course not only teaches you the fundamentals of financial accounting but also helps you to enhance your skills. Bookkeeping course aims to give students a solid understanding of each of the different bookkeeping functions. The bookkeeping course includes the accounting cycle from the issuing of source documents right through to the determination of the business' tax liability. The bookkeeping course will explore the following essential bookkeeping topics such as cash and credit journals, VAT regulations and calculations, general ledger entries, trial balance, annual preparation of the business income statement and balance sheet, salaries and wages, year-end adjustments and business income tax calculations.
Insight into a business’s performance can mean the difference between success and failure. For instance, a company can run into several difficulties if accounts not adequately managed. It could say that bills paid late or it could result in cash flow problems.
Financial literacy is essential when it comes to making strategic decisions for a business. This skill set allows you to be able to make strategic choices by looking at trends and then deciding where to save or where to expand.
Bookkeeping forms an integral part of a business’s operations, and you should equip with the necessary skills.
These bookkeeping skills include but are not limited to:
- maintaining a set of accounts from source documentation and books of prime entry to trial balance;
- recording cash transactions;
- managing individual accounts for debtors and creditors; and
- being able to do bank, supplier and general ledger reconciliation.
To further your career, to improve your salary prospects or to manage your accounts and financial statements a basic bookkeeping course can benefit you by promoting your financial literacy.
Bookkeeping is a systematic process for organising and storing the financial records of an organisation. Financial records include ledgers, tax records, bank statements, journals and many other financial documents. To handle bookkeeping tasks efficiently, you need a good understanding of bookkeeping processes and objectives. Many training providers offer bookkeeping courses in the UK.
Bookkeeping is essential to a business for the following reasons:
- Any company can be audited, either internally or by HMRC. The audit is an inspection of the company's bookkeeping records and procedures. If your files managed effectively, and easy to check, an Audit will confirm that everything is in order. If the records are disorganised and not kept up to date, there is more likely to be a problem.
- When selling or buying a business, it is the accounts which indicate it’s value and performance.
- The accurate bookkeeping enables the managers of the company to identify costs and profits, and thus run the business more effectively.
FC Training offers bookkeeping courses in the UK, developing their student’s knowledge and skills so that they are familiar with bookkeeping processes and reporting, and can maintain financial records proficiently.
Our bookkeeping courses UK are run by our experienced training team, who deliver the training with practical exercises to support our students while they develop an understanding of bookkeeping using both traditional double ledgers and widely used bookkeeping software (Sage, Quickbooks, IRIS, TAS & VT).