How to become Accounting Clerk?
What is an Accounting Clerk?
- An Accounting Clerk focuses more on the administrative side where they will be handling with day to day transactions and doing bookkeeping tasks.
- The roles differ depending on the size of the company. A large company assign them to a particular task whereas smaller firms would have more responsibilities.
What are Accounting Clerks job Role?
- To prepare periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis
- Preparing reports, budgets,
- Supporting all departments and the management supporting them to making financial decisions.
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Record Sales and Purchase Invoices, Back Statements, Reconciliation and VAT Returns
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
What skills are required for the role of Accounting Clerk?
- Attention to detail
- Customer Service
- Knowledge on Computerised Accounting
- Business Knowledge
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Experience with bank reconciliation and tracking credit card transactions
How do you become an Accounting Clerk?
You will need a degree in the following subjects:
- Accounting or Business related subjects (BA)
- Training on Computerised Accounting
What is the Average Salary of Accounting Clerk?
- Salaries depend on the size of the business, location and type of company. The starting salary for newly graduated students will be £28,000.
- After completing CIMA qualification (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) your base salary will be £33,000. The more experienced you are, the higher your pay. Senior Management Accountants earn from £65,000.
How can Future connect Training train you to become Accounting Clerk?
- Future Connect Training will help you to gain experience in controlling accounts
- Assessing a businesses situation using Financial Statements
- Budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis
- Computing and processing accruals and pre payments
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Recommending improvements to financial and accounting systems
- Evaluate the company’s performance using financial data
- Managing the performance of the assistant accountant