AAT Level 2 Qualification: Modules, Classes, Assessments and Support
"Study AAT Level 2 courses with Future Connect Training to better understand module structure, assessments, support and further progression upon completion."
Get more information about the basic and advanced level of AAT courses. We will highlight how the modules are structured, exams are conducted, face to face and online classes with tutor support is available or not. In this article, we will discuss practical training, learning benefits, and job opportunities of all AAT level especially focusing on the job and qualification market in London. To know more information about the curriculum and practice, you can contact our training service centre. Future Connect Training can help you attain the AAT qualifications at level 2, 3 and 4. We integrate the practical training with the AAT modules to make you more employable.
1) What is the AAT Level 2 Course?
AAT Level 2 course includes the foundational areas, which are suitable for people who do not have or less account knowledge. What qualification do we need to join the AAT course? Well, people can join direct AAT Level 2 if they have basic math and numeracy skills. At this level, you will learn and work with accounting software like Sage and worksheet software such as Excel. It is the first step for applicants aiming to build a successful career in the accounting field.
After end of the AAT Level 2 course in accounting, you will be capable of processing confidently daily business transactions in a manual and computerised bookkeeping system. This program provides extensive coverage of the traditional double-entry bookkeeping practice which underpins accounting processes world-wide. However, to complete the full AAT Accounting study and to gain full membership of the AAT, you will have to complete Level 3 and Level 4.
2) AAT Level 2 Course content and details:
AAT Level 2, Foundation Certificate in Accounting:
This the level is essential for accounting skills and principles. i.e. double entry systems, trial balances, and credit controls. The students get a good understanding of how to record financial transactions of sales, purchase, receipts, dealing with bank reconciliations, payment methods as well as cash.
AAT level 2 qualification will prepare us for junior and entry-level accounting roles. It will boost your confidence, skills and gives a substantial introduction to accounts and finance.
The AAT Level 2 qualification consists of 5 units:
- Double-entry bookkeeping skills
- Uses business documents
- Applying VAT
- Customer and supplier transactions processes
- Issue receipts and payments
- Uses a cash book and petty cash book
- Extracting a trial balance
- Uses controls in a bookkeeping system
- Reconciling control accounts
- Utilising the journal and suspense account
- Error Correction in the system
- Reconciling the bank
Elements of Costing
- Costing system understanding
- Managing cost recording techniques
- Comparing estimated and actual costs
Work Effectively in Finance
- Practising personal skills to work effectively in finance
Using Accounting Software
- Record bookkeeping transactions by using a Sage digital accounting package
3) Duration of the courses:
- AAT accounting level 2 Foundation: 6 months
- AAT accounting level 2 Advance: 6 - 7 months
4) Assessment and process:
In the AAT qualification study, computer-based assessments (CBAs) will test your knowledge and skills. AAT training providers and assessment centres administrate these digital assessments via PCs or laptops.
Computer-based practice, tutor remarked project (computerised accounting) An AAT Level 2 Foundation qualification allows you to move on to study the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting qualification, which is then followed by the AAT Level 4 Advanced Diploma.
5) What jobs can you find with this qualification?
Employers recognise AAT Qualifications as practical and technical qualifications that qualify students for the world of employment and for working individually in accountancy and finance roles.
Becoming AAT qualified is the best way to grow with a job in accountancy, progress in your current position increase your career options or enhance your salary expectations. Find out more detail about where AAT can take you in your career.
The Foundation Certificate in Accounting can lead to employment as:
- Trainee accounting technician
- Trainee finance assistant
- Accounts administrator
- Accounts assistant
- Accounts payable clerk
- Purchase/sales ledger clerk
6) Why Future Connect Training for AAT L2
Future Connect Training is an Award-winning training centre with AAT qualified tutors who provides excellent training and education. We offer practical training on SAGE 50 using real business documents also helps to do CV preparation, mock interview, and Job-hunting support.
Benefits of joining Future Connect Training centre:
- AAT Approved Training Centre
- Hand-picked Industry Certified Tutors
- 24/7 Excellent Student Support to achieve your training and career goals
- Provides detailed study material
- Offers Exam preparation kit
- Demanded Software training that will help to enhance your practical skills.
- Online 24/7 access to VLC (Virtual Learning Campus)
- Free e-portfolio to trace the current performance and training breakthroughs combined into academic modules of AAT
- A dedicated e-portfolio to book your training at our East, West and North London and Birmingham offices
- Provides Exam booking service
- CPD certification is vital to becoming an AAT member united with all AAT Levels
- You can gain three certificates from 1 course – AAT, CPD, and XERO
- Supports to get a work placement, which will bring you a real-time experience to work in the industry.
- Flexible payment options (Debit card, Credit card, PayPal, Cash, and Bank Transfer)
7) Study sources: Classroom-based
Future Connect offers Evening, Weekend, and Daytime sessions for AAT courses in London, Watford, Birmingham, and other locations.
Classroom-based Learning includes:
- Allows Digital Access to your books
- Practice Activity Workbooks
- IT equipped campus with free tea/coffee
- The lecture led by Experienced & Qualified Teacher
- Pass Guarantee Scheme
- Access to Osborne Training Online Portal for additional study materials for one year
- Free Sage 50 Software (Desktop Version: valid for six months, Compatible with Windows PC Only)
Click below to find more on various Training campuses:
- AAT Courses in North London (N3 2JU) Campus
- AAT Courses in Harrow on the Hill (HA1 1LJ) Campus
- AAT Courses in Birmingham (B16 8QG) Campus
- AAT Courses in Mile End (E3 4TY) Campus
Address: Sigma business centre, 7 Havelock Place, Harrow, London HA1 1LJ.
Phone No: 0203 790 8674 | 0758 845 4536
Email Id: email@example.com